So I told you all about the event on Saturday happening at Petsmart in Fullerton. My foster mom and sisters packed me up in the car and we drove there. I do really well in the car, though one of my foster sisters says I sniff in her ear and sometimes get my nose in her ear and sniff her. There were lots of dogs there, including puppies. I can't believe I was once that small! One dog got adopted and went to a forever home, so I was happy for her. 2 people came to meet me who had older dogs. I liked their dogs, but I never tried to play with them. There was just so much going on! And one lady who walked by had a rotisserie chicken in her bag. I mean, how is THAT not distracting?
We were there several hours. I met lots of people and got lots of love from strangers. I like the random love. If someone wants to give it to me, I'll take it!
Sunday morning I went on a meet and greet, which is basically a doggie play date. My foster mom is new to this whole thing and didn't know about this process. I went to one of the other dogs' houses and got to spend time there to see how I'd do. My new friend liked to play and tried to get me to play. I wasn't really interested. I don't mind other dogs, but I'm just not the playing type, I guess. I'm sure people will find him a great friend and my foster mom will continue to look for my forever family.
I then got back in the car with my foster family and we went to meet my foster grandma. It was raining, so I had to go on little walks to go potty. Even in a strange place, I never had an accident all day. My foster grandma said I may just be the perfect dog. I'm well behaved, not in people's faces and love love on the human's terms. If you want a dog who is loyal, super loving, enjoys walks and is a great companion, visit www.labradorsandfriends.org.
No comments:
Post a Comment