Early this morning at 4am I awakened my foster mom and dad to some noise. I was given a rawhide chewy yesterday, and I hid it in a bookshelf. My family thought this was quite hilarious, but I was just saving it for a 4am snack.
I decided I liked it downstairs better, so I slept there most of the night. When each family member came downstairs, I greeted them with a wagging tail. I ate my breakfast. I continued following people in the morning to see what they were up to. My foster mom had some turkey she was eating on the couch. It smelled SOOOO good, so I jumped on the couch next to her. She told me to lay down, and I was a good boy and did. When she was done, she let me lick her fingers.
My foster dad went off to work and the girls and my foster mom took me to go on a walk with the beagle friend down the street. She's smaller than me, but I didn't mind. We had a nice walk and they brought her over to play. She is crazier than I am. She took off running around the house, and I chased her for a lap or 2. It was quite fun.
My big accomplishment today was I followed her out the doggie door by myself! I also came in by myself too. This made my foster mom happy because the family had to leave me for a bit to go do human things later in the day.
I stayed alone for a few hours. I have access to a bathroom and the dog run outside. I didn't make any accidents in the bathroom. When the family came home, I was outside and came through the doggie door to greet them. I was very happy they were home. My tail went crazy and I gave kisses to all.
Foster mom made dinner. They had these things called tacos that smelled delightful. I sat by the dinner table to smell them. Foster dad told me to lay down, so I did like a good boy.
After dinner, I got out for another walk. Foster mom and the girls think it is cute how I don't really "walk", I TROT.
My foster mom and dad were talking about me last night and I overheard them saying I'm the perfect "companion dog", whatever that means. I think it means that I love being with my people and am great company to have. I don't require great attention and I don't get into mischief. I just need someone to love on me and keep me company, and I'll keep you company in return.
If you think we'd be great company for each other, please visit www.labradorsandfriends.org
No comments:
Post a Comment