Friday, October 14, 2016

Trevor's 6th day

Apparently on Friday mornings one of my foster sisters(of the human kind) goes to this place called the stables and rides horses.  My foster mom thought it would be a fun experience for me to go see chickens, goats, horses and a cat.
I rode in the car very well as usual.  We got there, and I sniffed everything when we got there. I saw a couple horses in their stalls, but thought nothing of them. When we got to the arena where my foster sister rides, there was a horse loose that was running. This made me the most excited my foster family had ever seen me! I even BARKED for the first time as the horse ran past me. Foster mom could tell I wanted to run free off leash and chase that horse!
Foster mom took me around the rest of the stables. I saw chickens and thought nothing of them. I also met a sheep.  We smelled each other and neither of us were interested in the other. I met a couple more dogs. A pitbull mix and a little pomeranian puppy. I was friendly with both of them, as usual.
We got back to the arena where my foster sister was now riding.  Funny enough, when she was on the horse, I no longer felt the need to bark at it.
My mom took me into the office where the "mean cat" was hanging out. It was on a bookshelf and was all puffed up and arching its back. I have NO idea why the cat was so scared. All I did was wag my tail. It started making a funny growl noise, so I just turned around and left it alone. The owner said I was good with cats since I didn't try to chase it or approach it when I could tell it was upset. My foster family doesn't have cats, so it is hard to tell if I'd like to LIVE with one, but they say it was a good sign that I could read the cat's actions and know to leave it alone.
We came back home, and I got my morning walk with my beagle friend. She is over here again. My foster mom thinks it is funny that I pay more attention to people around than I do to dogs. I don't mind other dogs, but other dogs don't have treats or hands to pet me with.
If you have hands to pet me with and treats and would like me to come be your forever friend, please visit www.labradorsandfriends.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment