Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Trevor-Making myself at home

I've been at my foster home a little over a week now. I was supposed to go on an adventure at a new park on Monday, but it rained and my foster mom didn't want to deal with muddy paws and coat since they had to go somewhere from the park. Instead she took me and the beagle on a walk in the drizzle. I didn't mind the light rain at all. I do well staying in my bathroom and dog run. I'm usually outside when my family comes home. I get super excited and wag my tail when they come home. I'm eating well and REALLY like treats.
My foster family allows me on the couch and, my favorite place, an overstuffed chair I've adopted as my own. The first few days I was weary of going up, so my foster family thinks where ever I lived before didn't allow me on the couch. The good news is, I learn really quickly, so even if you want to adopt me, but don't want me on the furniture, I'll learn quickly and obey you.
I have attached myself to my foster mom.  My foster dad says she is my "favorite thing". She calls me her shadow. I follow her just about everywhere, including the restroom, to her dismay. She told me it was like having a toddler again, only I don't ask her for things when she is in the bathroom.
Just as she was thinking I may be the world's most well behaved dog, I blew it yesterday.  You see, I have 2 foster sisters. They had lunch and the oldest one is apparently not the best at putting things away where they belong, so instead of walking the extra 3 feet into the kitchen to put her chicken noodle soup she didn't finish onto the kitchen counter, she left it on the dining room table.  And instead of foster sister #2 pushing her chair in, she had left it out...a perfect storm I say! So foster mom was reading on the couch and heard a "SLURP SLURP" coming from the dining room. She came in and caught me helping myself, paws on the table, standing on my hind legs, to the leftover chicken noodle soup. She was NOT happy. She told me "Trevor, NO! DOWN!" I got down immediately, hung my head low because I knew I was in trouble, but my tail kept wagging.  That soup was DELICIOUS I tell you!
If you or someone you know wants to adopt a chicken soup-loving dog, please contact the pawsome people at www.labradorsandfriends.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment